abuse case management

Will Yardley william+nanog at hq.dreamhost.com
Fri Aug 1 09:14:20 UTC 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 11:08:18AM +0200, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> Is there an abuse case management system as freeware somewhere,
> something like all the ticket/case handling packages out there, but
> more specifically aimed at abuse/complaint handling. I googled some
> but couldnt find any.

Not freeware, but this (from the author of Sam Spade) might be worth a
look... I don't have personal experience with it, so I can't say whether
it works well or not, but looks somewhat interesting, and the
multi-platform client / UNIX server model sounds promising.

http://word-to-the-wise.com/abacus/index.html

Searching on Freshmeat for support desk type software might also bring
up some useful stuff - your best bet may be to extend / modify an
existing application.

--
"Since when is skepticism un-American?
Dissent's not treason but they talk like it's the same..."