The in-your-face hijacking example, was: Re: Who is announcing bogons?

Scott Granados scott at wworks.net
Wed Apr 30 22:20:28 UTC 2003

Exactly, and I'm not sure what the whole reason for this thread is with
the exception of I do understand if the space is previously announced.  If
the requirements for arin are met and if arin makes the appropriate
changes to the whois records isn't that enough?

Obviously, making anouncements can be more complex than that ie a customer
has company A ip space but buys service from copmpany B so they wish to
announce a's IPs through B.  If swip or rwhois data matches again this
should be ok assuming someone refered to as a contact makes the request.

If someone uses company B's network to announce for company A IP space and
A hasn't updated whois or doesn't authorize such advertisements then
provider B should and I'd think must with draw announcements of company
A's space.