mobile.att.net dead

Kai Schlichting kai at pac-rim.net
Tue Apr 29 22:04:17 UTC 2003

If you are relying on AT&T's paging/SMS service (for your phones) to be
alerted to (most certainly undesirable) operational events (or if you are
replying to them via the 2-way SMS service), this is a good time for a
backup pager:

mesdns02.mobile.att.net.  22h3s IN A  199.88.234.125
mesdns01.mobile.att.net.  22h3s IN A  199.88.234.61

Both are dead like a door stop, and we can speculate on wether they
are located in the same physical building, on the same routed interface,
and the same physical switch, which failed the single processor
blade driving both of them.

I have pagers in my queue that are now more than 65 minutes old.