Time to bring back "Connected Status"

bmanning at karoshi.com bmanning at karoshi.com
Tue Apr 29 20:58:58 UTC 2003

> For networks which are announced on the Internet, add a Connected field
> to the regional address registries listing the AS Number(s) which could
> announce the network.  Private, internal only networks would have an
> Unconnected status.

	you know, some nights are more resless than others and occasionally
	i have nightmares about the period in my life when I was informed
	that due to a clerical error, the 27 sites we had brought up over
	the previous 18 months had been assigned in the unconnected db and
	we had duplicate assignments that overlapped the connected db.

	the following six months were spent renumbering. :)

	murphy is a clerk.

--bill