Class "B" IP BLOCK

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Tue Apr 29 17:40:45 UTC 2003

Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

> Well, the issue is they are not assets, how do you sell something you dont own?
> If you receive money, how do you transfer the asset? Do you have some kind of
> bond certificate or something??!

It can't be transfered. The netblock is allocated to who ARIN says it
is. If they do decide to do recalls, just posting the block in this
forum is enough to initiate a utilization check. Besides, why would
someone pay for something they can get for free? Show need, and it is
given. I'm sure someone would love a /16 to brag about, but good luck
getting ARIN to alter who owns it.

-jack