Get as much IP space as you ever dreamed of

Joe Provo nanog-post at rsuc.gweep.net
Mon Apr 28 23:04:19 UTC 2003

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 09:54:59PM +0000, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Daniel Golding wrote:
> > While its certainly wrongb to steal IPs like this, some of the blame
> > must go to the  RIRs. They should be repo-ing this space. I realize
[snip]

> Should any of the ISP community hold any responsibility to help the
> RIR's pull this space back when they are hijacked? I would think

You presume that no-one is doing that (hint: many of us are), and that
any action is taken (if so, none is visible).

Kai's post is not fiction. Guess what? A lot (not all) squatters get
caught quite nicely in those "evil" prefix length filters. If you HAVE
an allocation and for some reason just announce deaggregates, to a
third party you look *just* like the black hats. How does this help
your reachability while you're grazing on the commons?

Think about that for a second before the knee jerks up.

Cheers,

Joe

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE