Spam thread

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Apr 25 20:27:39 UTC 2003

Susan Harris wrote:

> Can we please stop the spam thread ("Open relays and open proxies") and
> take it to a more appropriate list:

I agree that it's a more appropriate list. Yet I do wonder if the
discussion (at least in part), and particularly the original thread
before the various sub-threads on SC and blacklisting started is not
appropriate for nanog.

In particular, I feel issues with proxies, trojans, etc and how they are
dealt with between networks, and their foreseeable threat to the
infrastructure itself is relevant to the following the the charter:

"# Discuss specific implementation issues which require cooperation and
coordination among network service providers to ensure the stability of
overall service to the network users.
# Serve as a focal point for other common activities of the participants.
# Promote and coordinate interconnection of networks within North
America and to other continents."

-Jack