Open relays and open proxies

JC Dill nanog at vo.cnchost.com
Fri Apr 25 18:56:15 UTC 2003

Joe Abley wrote:

> On Friday, Apr 25, 2003, at 11:57 Canada/Eastern, John Payne wrote:
>
>> Tired old argument that completely misses the "with the exception of
>> joe jobs" clause.
>
> Yes, maybe I'm the only person here who has no idea what that means (in
> which case a private mail explanation would be fine).

Translation:

"I'm willing to make a fool of myself on NANOG by posting in reply to a
post (that uses a term I am too lazy to find the definition of),
completely misunderstanding the term, and then I'll post another reply,
asking for private replies (to hopefully avoid the public larting that
is surely coming), educating me on this term.  All because it's easier
to click "reply" and type an uneducated answer than it is to fire up a
browser and google for the information and educate myself."

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22joe+job%22+spam&btnG=Google+Search>

jc