Open relays and open proxies

Daniel Concepcion dani at danielcp.net
Fri Apr 25 12:31:57 UTC 2003

Hi

I think that the end of the spam and open relays will be  when the smtp
servers talk only with servers  with trust.

The bgp approach peering and transit will be ported to a new smtp protocol.
Other approach could be the dns system. A central authority that will have
registered  the stmp servers. This servers could delegate in other servers,
etc.

I don't know if is out there some draft about a new secure and spam free smtp
protocol. But may be interesting for the big players that loose money
(Bandwith, servers, staff, etc)  accepting spam for their users.

my 0.2 € or $ ;)

regards,
Daniel