Traffic broken down by application protocol?

Matt Larson mlarson at verisign.com
Wed Apr 23 14:59:02 UTC 2003

I'm looking for statistics on the composition of Internet backbone
traffic broken down by application protocol.  Ideally, I'd be
interested in a list showing the relative percentage of packets by TCP
and UDP destination port of some large sample of Internet traffic.
But I'll take any statistics related to application protocol traffic
distribution that I can get.

If anyone has information that they would be willing to share publicly
or privately, I would be grateful for it.  Alternately, if anyone is
aware of such information publicly available, I would be grateful for
pointers to that, too.

Thanks,

Matt Larson