DS3 Coax..

Josh Richards jrichard at cubicle.net
Tue Apr 22 16:32:11 UTC 2003

Makes sense but...

Before fiber and ADMs were so common, in the days of buried coax for
DS-3s (between COs and for the occassional large customer), coax was
obviously being used for inter-building connectivity.

How exactly did the topology differ?  Besides fiber, which eliminates
the issue of ground loops and such altogether, how did the RBOCs actually deal
with this problem when they didn't have fiber in the ground?

I presume there's an element/architecture that can be used safely.  Mike alluded to
a 'GID' per Sprint.  Anyone have a reference/source for this device?

-jr

* Timothy R. McKee <tim at baseworx.net> [20030419 18:13]:

--
----