DS3 Coax..

Mike (meuon) Harrison meuon at highertech.net
Thu Apr 17 17:34:11 UTC 2003

> They might not be so nice after the next electrical storm or ground fault
> rolls through the area and toasts something expensive...

We are actually plugging into what they are calling a 'GID' Ground
Interupter Device.

btw: Several of the buildings here have HUGE bundles of coax between
them.. all underground (like this will be)... no real problems (yet).

Our wireless rack equipment rack (up on the third floor) is fed on
isolated (floating) power, and has it's own VERY heavy grounding system..
I've watched lighting balls crawl the rack.. and everything kept working.

Found Belden quad-shield outdoor (but not direct burial) RG-6 for
$110/1000ft..