Independent space from ARIN

Peter Galbavy peter.galbavy at knowtion.net
Thu Apr 17 12:07:51 UTC 2003

Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> Not fair.  This discussion thread was already answered by Daniel
> Bovio to which you were a part of:
> http://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail-archives/lir-wg/2002/msg00288.html
>
> Stating "no justification" basically ignores Daniel's valid comments.

I still state 'no justification'. I will go further and say 'no HONEST
justification'. All I got were excuses that boiled down to 'we need to keep
everyone employed'. The downturn of the ISP business has resulted in
everyone cutting costs - except the quangos like RIPE, and by the sound of
it ARIN too.

These organisation rely on their 'membership' being too busy with their own
problems and most pulling in different directions to have any real threat to
their comfortable and protected existence. I do not believe this is right in
the RIPE case, and by the cound of it in the ARIN case either.

I will try as hard as I can - given my own commercial and time pressures -
to take some action at this years RIPE AGM. That is if it isn't held in a
locked filing cabinet in a disused toilet marked 'Beware of the Leopard'.
Again.

Peter