Independent space from ARIN

Brandon Ross bross at sockeye.com
Mon Apr 14 20:50:52 UTC 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:33:34 EDT, Brandon Ross said:
>
> > Why is this so hard to believe?  Real estate is mostly a free market, and
> > that seems to perform pretty well for the most part.  How is address space
> > that different?  Please explain how you believe this would destroy the
> > internet.
>
> Overbuilding office space in San Francisco doesn't *usually* cause real
> estate issues in Tokyo.

I must be missing your point because I don't see how that's relevant.
Think of the 69/8 space as being out in the middle of nowhere (due to the
bogon filters).  It's cheap land but it comes with it's problems.  If you
invest in it, you can increase it's value, if you don't want to, buy the
more expensive downtown property.

--
Brandon Ross                                                   AIM:  BrandonNR
VP Operations                                                    ICQ:  2269442