NANOG/ARIN in Chicago

Mark Radabaugh mark at amplex.net
Thu Apr 10 19:43:25 UTC 2003

> As such, it is not unlikely that mayor Daley's act of terrorism (done in
the
> name of security, by the way) has operational impact.  Hopefully by
October,
> Meigs will be operational and this will be moot.  However, if it is not,
it
> will be very difficult for me to bring myself to attend.  (If it were
> anything
> less than ARIN/NANOG, I simply would not attend).
>
> If anyone wants more information about the destruction of Meigs field,
> please see http://www.aopa.org.  Please send any comments/questions to
> me off-list.  I suspect the rest of the group doesn't want to hear the
> flames/etc.
>
> Owen
> (donning nomex now)

Actually I'm glad to see it brought up.  As a fellow pilot I am equally
appalled by the mayors actions.  I agree completely with the boycott and
would like to see this brought to the attention of the city that ARIN/NANOG
may have trouble attracting members to Chicago due to the terrorist acts of
their mayor.

Mark Radabaugh
Amplex
(419) 720-3635