June NANOG registration/topics

Susan Harris srh at merit.edu
Thu Apr 10 14:14:41 UTC 2003

Registration is now open for NANOG 28, to be held June 1-3 in Salt Lake
City. Our hosts are the Utah Education Network and the University of Utah:

  http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0306/

NEW at this meeting - sponsors can now display equipment during
continental breakfasts and afternoon breaks:

  http://www.nanog.org/vendor.html

Some of the topics we've lined up so far are:

  -- Cable backbone deployment issues
  -- Forwarding plane deadness detection
  -- Interaction between mobile and IP networks:  operational issues
  -- Tracking lame DNS delegations
  -- Dual-stack deployment on the Abilene backbone
  -- Applications of the BGP Attack Tree
  -- BOFs:  ISP Security, Device Discovery Protocols

Send us your ideas for other talks - we're especially seeking proposals on:

  -- Provider case studies on network planning/design, protocol
     implementation, provisioning, useful tools, traffic engineering,
     troubleshooting, problems solved, & DoS
  -- Research on routing, network performance, statistical measurement/
     analysis, and protocol development and implementation for operator
     feedback (10-minute slots)

Call for Presentations:

  http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0306/call28.html