Looking for advice on datacenter electrical/generator

Matthew Kaufman matthew at eeph.com
Sat Apr 5 00:09:54 UTC 2003

The goal of the generator is to keep the datacenter running when the power
fails. Power around here fails because of storms and earthquakes, both of
which have a demonstrated history of also taking out natural gas at times.

This means that at least one of your generators (around here) should run on
something you store on-site. And thus, if you can only afford one, that one
must be in that category.

By your logic, the fact that electricity is _usually_ available on tap
eliminates the need for a generator altogether.

Matthew