An A record is an MX record and is a missing MX....

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Apr 4 22:33:40 UTC 2003

There is one other situation where you need an MX record.  If your domain
is foo.com and the A record for foo.com is _NOT_ the machine that accepts
mail for foo.com, you need an MX record pointing to the correct machine.
Often this will be mail.foo.com or smtp.foo.com.

Owen

--On Friday, April 4, 2003 10:13 AM +0800 Indra PRAMANA