Seeking Advice: L2TPv3 vs. Martini Draft MPLS

Mike Bernico mbernico at illinois.net
Fri Apr 4 17:24:42 UTC 2003

Thanks for your advice David.  Your point is very well received.

One of the design requirements for our VPN solution will be the ability
to allow customers to use non-IP protocols.  I don't think RFC2547bis
will work for this.  However if we do go the MPLS route then RFC2547bis
will be available as a product as well as Layer 2 VPNs.  That's
definitely a benefit.