Reporting Internet incidents to Homeland Security

Barry Raveendran Greene bgreene at cisco.com
Thu Apr 3 17:07:37 UTC 2003

This is assuming the US Government security authority over the Internet. Why
should the US Government get the appearance of special privileges where
other governments of the world do not? The vast majority of serious security
incidents I see all cross national jurisdictions. So you can label them
"international Internet security incidents."

As far as I see the Internet, the US Government is just another customer ...
not "the government" that exclusive access to the state of the Net's health.

My advice to the "Internet Industry" is to keep pressing forward with
Industry driven solutions. That way, governments around the world who wish
to be "plugged in" can join the industry's response to security incidents on
the Net.