Semi-OT: solicitations to nanog

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Wed Apr 2 14:01:27 UTC 2003

Joe wrote:
> So as not to cluter up the list, I've posted the response/thread
> of email I received regarding this, complete with the "explaination"
> so to speak. I don't buy it, but perhaps I'm missing something.
> http://www.rocknyou.com/nanogspam.html
> I was surprised to get a response none the less.

In this particular case, reguardless of the Friendster TOS (which I
don't believe supported the action), it is (if I'm not mistaken) the
list maintainer's call concerning whether it was appropriate or not and
what action (if any) is needed.

My personal opinion is that the list is designed to "bring people
together" and its membership is, I'm sure, aware that there are other
ways of communications which are often handled on a case by case basis
off-list (or perhaps the off-topic list depending on it's charter?).

-Jack