State Super-DMCA Too True

Kuhtz, Christian christian.kuhtz at bellsouth.com
Tue Apr 1 18:01:18 UTC 2003

> > In other words, you reasoning is quite flawed the way I see it, and
> > blocking DoS is indeed legitimate and legally supportable.  Excesses
> > are rarely protected by any legal statutes.
>
> To the extent a customer attacks or defrauds the carrier itself,
protection
> measures are allowed.  But you cannot "protect" the public at large
without
> a court order to do so.

I think that's what I said.  "excesses are rarely protected by any legal
statutes."  Any response must be measured by a given cause.

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."