finds and other data frommy report on economics of peering and transit

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Sun Sep 29 15:30:38 UTC 2002

At the end of August when I posted news about my interviews with Bill
Woodcock's views on  synthetic  path analysis and the economics of
peering and requested additional help from peering coordinators I
promised a brief report.

Response from Nanog was excellent.  16 additional folk joined mail
list making a total of 32 - 25 of whom made contributions to the
discussion.

you will find the introductory article containing my complete
findings,  a list of the 25 contributors and the complete table of
contents at  http://cookreport.com/11.08-09.shtml

I hesitate to say "our" findings but I did share  drafts with list
members who made significant criticisms and contributions which i
incorporated.
on Economics of Peering, Transit & IXs
November - December 118 pages available at http://cookreport.com/11.08-09.shtml