AP IX locations

ren ren at internet.rockstar.org
Thu Sep 26 20:52:33 UTC 2002

At 01:37 PM 9/26/2002 -0700, Lane Patterson wrote:
>I would confirm GM's assertion.  Also, if you have the luxury of caring
>more about a smaller set of large-capacity Tier1 private peers, there is
>some presence of AsiaPac providers doing this at Equinix SJ.

Actually Equinix-Los Angeles has more Asian based Networks coming in for
turn-up in October than any other region from details gathered this
week.  Chunghwa is in as of this week.  SingTel, Japan Telecom, Hanaro, are
on track for peer-ready in October.  DACOM is considering, etc.

It appears that JPNAP is growing very fast:
http://www.jpnap.net/english/index.html  <click on services, then
traffic>.  Rising from zero to 8G in a year is pretty steep.

-ren, always pulling Los Angeles <G>