Vulnerbilities of Interconnection

Kurt Erik Lindqvist kurtis at kurtis.pp.se
Tue Sep 17 12:49:08 UTC 2002

On måndag, sep 16, 2002, at 18:02 Europe/Stockholm, JC Dill wrote:

> When I got back to the office, I learned that the big screen TV that
> had previously been located in the exercise room had been moved to the
> center of the office so that everyone could more easily see it, and
> everyone could hear it.  Meanwhile, they all had high speed Internet
> connections to the computers sitting on their desks.  Why bring in the
> TV if the 'net was "one of the prime sources of information"?

You actually more or less described what I meant, although I wasn't
very clear. In principle the Internet was the place where people went
for information, which is exactly what you saw - the congestion and
overload. My initial point was then, that as this seems to be the case,
perhaps we should engineer the network to meet these demands.

- kurtis -