Recent NANOG postings

dgold dgold at FDFNet.Net
Mon Sep 16 20:41:43 UTC 2002

Yes, the spoofs may occasionally get out of hand. However, there may be a
reason why - namely the unfortunate increase in clueless or
uninformed postings.

Personally, I would much rather have a good laugh from reading such a
parody, then read about some crazy scheme or unresearched query.

I would strongly object to banning any entire domain from this mailing
list. Additionally, the practice of banning folks for "off-topic" posting
seems rather unevenly applied - spam is, by definition, off-topic to
NANOG, and yet long threads discuss it.

Perhaps we should all look to our own houses, before we criticize others.

- Daniel Golding