Vulnerbilities of Interconnection

John M. Brown john at chagresventures.com
Fri Sep 13 01:50:16 UTC 2002

Yet, it is reasonable that people expect x % of their traffic to
use IX's.  If those IX"s are gone then they will need to find another
path, and may need to upgrade alternate paths.

I guess the question is.

At what point does one build redundancy into the network.

I suspect its a balancing act between reducancy, survival (network)
and costs vs revenues.

not sure I'd call it a "poor job"  for not planning all possible
failure modes, or for not having links in place for them.