IP over in-ground cable applications.

Christopher J. Wolff chris at bblabs.com
Thu Sep 12 18:24:15 UTC 2002

Greetings,

Can anyone recommend a method for integrating TCP/IP with an existing
analog cable television network.   The cable companies do this quite
well; however, it's not immediately clear to me how I would multiplex
the IP traffic and the existing video and deliver it to a home.

My current thoughts on this are to digitize the satellite video into
mpeg2 and deliver it over TCP/IP through the in-ground cable.  This way,
integrating the video and data portion are easy, however the resident
would need to buy a mpeg2 set-top-box to split out the video and
internet.  Thank you very much for your consideration.

Regards,
Christopher J. Wolff, CIO
Broadband Laboratories, Inc.
http://www.bblabs.com