[OT: National Moment of Silence] - or lack thereof

Joshua Smith joshua.ej.smith at usa.net
Thu Sep 12 14:21:13 UTC 2002

"Al Rowland" <alan_r1 at corp.earthlink.net> wrote:

> The only drop in 'traffic' I've ever noticed was in my former life in
> the military. Retreat policy on base was that traffic pulled  [cut]

i think i was lucky i never had a car while i was living on base :)

regarding the 'silence' yesterday - i was wondering if anyone saw a spike
in traffic between the hours of 1730-2100 eastern time yesterday destined
for addresses in the 64.12.95/24 range, the source addresses were
spoofed, but internap managed to decipher that some were coming from
singapore tel - i was dos'ed pretty hard last night and could use some
help tracing it back

tia

joshua