DNS/Routing advice

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at opaltelecom.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 20:20:37 UTC 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Dan Lockwood wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> I have a customer that is multihomed, to a public ISP and to another
> large network that uses 10.0.0.0 address space.  The private address
> space also has services available via public address space and
> consequently is running a split DNS service, public and private.
> Because of firewalls and the placement of DNS servers this customer has
> a nasty routing situation and in order to make DNS work for the private

I assume the "public ISP" provides another route to the "large network" where
the services are hosted in case the direct link fails?

Is it possible to tunnel from your net over the "public ISP" to the "large
network" thereby keeping your private nets off the public ones? You wouldnt need
the DNS fix then either?

Steve