Drive-by spam hits wireless LANs

Al Rowland alan_r1 at corp.earthlink.net
Wed Sep 11 17:05:57 UTC 2002

I believe the question was use of the access to spam, not just that the
majority of users leave their equipment (all, not just the wireless
part) in the original, out-of-the-box configuration. Remember those
comments on the flahsing 12:00 on most VCRs?

BTW, everyone out there with a random number/character upper/lower case
password at least 12 characters long on every piece of equipment they
own, different username/password on each piece please, raise your hand.
Thought so. ;) Note my hand is not raised. I'd go nuts. Although the
approriate pieces do conform to this.

Best regards,
Alan Rowland