Very large JoeJob in progress against Spamcop (fwd)

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Sun Sep 8 02:41:05 UTC 2002

Yes, we got bunch of these as well (at least 10), just two came in today.
I know for sure its not actual spamcop since they send copy of email in
question. Plus email was sent to all email addresses of particular
dedicated hosting website, but the website is used for advertising and
customers would not be showing as being from that ISP. I assumed somebody
is trying to have us ignore future spamcop emails and put it in the
blacklist. The ip addresses it coma from are 64.70.191.50 (valueweb),
65.67.149.57 (swbell dsl). If anybody else gets similar reports, I suggest
you all ignore it or better store all them in separate folder and then
sent to spamcop in case they decide to press charges for forgery (this
should be criminal case I think).