Console Servers

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Fri Sep 6 22:42:32 UTC 2002

Hi,

It's been a while since I last saw this thread...

I'm looking at a few listed below and looking for comments:

Lantronix - http://www.lantronix.com/products/cs/scs820_scs1620/index.html
Looks good, can't find a price on Ingram.

Cyclades - http://www.cyclades.com/products/ts_series.php
Looks to run about $2100 for 16 ports

Digi - http://www.digi.com/solutions/devtermsrv/cm/index.shtml
Looks to run about $1800 for 16 ports

All of the above do sshv2, and that's a requirement.  I haven't found much
else.  For the time being I'm ruling out old stuff like a Portmaster or
Xylogics.

I'd also appreciate pointers to any "roll your own" parts, esp. IDE ->
Flash adapters and multiport serial cards that will work with FreeBSD.

I can summarize to keep the noise down...

Thanks,

Charles

--
Charles Sprickman