Vulnerbilities of Interconnection

Al Rowland alan_r1 at corp.earthlink.net
Fri Sep 6 20:42:31 UTC 2002

Okay,

If we're going to go off the deep end here, how about the effect of a
small yield air burst over $importantplace? Not designed to maximize
casualties/damage but rather EMP? A large number of senior military
officials got that 'deer-in-the-headlights' look a few decades back when
a deserter supplied "Soviet state of the art" fighter turned out to have
tube based electronics. :)

It's not much of a stretch from crashing civilian airliners into high
rises to "firing for effect" with nuclear weapons. Look at what's going
on with Iraq right now.

I know, but you're saying that's why the Internet was invented, to
provide diverse communications even in a nuclear war. The Internet and
its electronics and equipment was a much different animal when that flag
was first run up the pole. I wonder if anyone has checked to see if
anyone would salute today.

Oh, wait, that's what this whole discussion is about, isn't it. ;)

Best regards,
Alan Rowland