Vulnerbilities of Interconnection

Daniel Golding dgolding at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 5 17:27:46 UTC 2002

The crux of the issue are FOIA requests. The government won't make these
types of vulnerability reports immmune to FOIA requests - thus a foreign
terrorist or home-grown "farmbelt fuhrer" could simply order up a list of
the most vulnerable sites, and select some to attack.

Due to the distributed nature of the internet, and the routing protocols
that regulate it's traffic flow, there is no single point of failure.
However, we have seen how concerted attacks can be made at multiple
locations, almost simultaneously.

If the government could agree to allow this information to remain
confidential, it would greatly expedite the process of hardening appropriate
facilities, and identifying weaknesses.

- Daniel Golding