IP address fee??

Daniel Golding dgolding at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 5 17:38:05 UTC 2002

MessageShane,

The best practice is to follow the ARIN guidelines. This will make it much
easier for you to get your next block of address space. That means:

- Slow start - issue folks what they can justify, not a /24.
- Issue more space upon request, provided that justification is given
- Multihomed customers require no justification for a /24
- Do not issue more than a /21 to a customer. At that point, they can do
directly to the RIR.

Charging is up to you - you are really just charging for your own services
in administering the address space, and perhaps passing through the cost
from ARIN.  Most folks do not charge for IP space, and it's never something
I've been personally comfortable with.

- Daniel Golding