IP address fee??

Derek Samford dsamford at fastduck.net
Thu Sep 5 17:36:27 UTC 2002

Shane,
            There is a practice on that (At least here.). Generally we
provide a Class C to our customers at no additional charge, but we have
been charging recently for the use of additional blocks. After all, we
have to pay those charges to ARIN, and we do need to defer those costs
down to the customer if they are going to use a chunk of the address
space. At some point we'll need to get more, and that only increases are
costs. Gone are the days when the carrier's eat all the side costs.

Derek