follow-up IANA-RESERVED IRR

John M. Brown john at chagresventures.com
Wed Sep 4 19:13:33 UTC 2002

I'm concerned with having "to much data" in the system.  This invites
mistakes, potential abuse and other problems.

By having only:

RESERVED  or ALLOCATED

and having that publishd by IANA, we reduce the potential of
mistakes affecting "real users".

If the RIR's are going to provide more data, then they need to
upgrade their business and expense models to support live people
7x24x365 so that mistakes are fixed QUICKLY.

Just my own personal $.02 on the topic.

I would suggest, crawl, walk, run with this idea.

Lets first get IANA up and going, then see how well that works
and move forward if it makes sense and the appropriate protections
can be in place.

john brown
speaking for himself only