final note on cookreport/ bill woodcock peering discussion

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Wed Sep 4 01:34:01 UTC 2002

I am leaving at 6 am in the morning for  a small internet meeting in
massachusetts.  I am unlikely to see my email  again until saturday
morning.

We have had eight different requests to join the discussion since my
post this afternoon.

Since the mail list is running on bill's woodcock's  machine, it is
only reasonable that he be the gatekeeper on additions to the list at
this point.  However he is at APIA in Japan right now and will not be
back in the US for a bit more than another week.  if I understand the
situation correctly he will need to relay list addition requests to a
colleague in California.  If some folk do get added between now and
the weekend please introduce yourselves to the list.

Agenda

I intend to publish an issue with list discussion around October 1.
although since I let list members  have a week to review a prepub
draft and ask for edits correctionss etc, the current discussion will
need to wrap up in the sept 23-25th time frame.

But since  the subject may change and evolve i am open to keeping the
discussion going for a LOT  LOT LONGER either on bills server or in
another venue.

I will be out of the country trekking near mount everest from October
15th until November 10th.  The issue published about Oct 1 will be
the December issue.  I estimate that january will come out about
december 1.  If a discussion is continuing on line in october and
november, it can certainly do so in my absence.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help.  I hope that we can
document in considerable detail the changing economics, policy,
politics and technologies of interconnection.
Economics of Peering, Transit & IXs
Part One  - November issue available at http://cookreport.com/11.08.shtml