AT&T NYC

Frank Scalzo frank.scalzo at amerinex.net
Tue Sep 3 14:52:58 UTC 2002

Since when is BGP a bug-free protocol? Let's not forget the BGP best
path selection algorithm itself is broken (there are circumstances under
which it will NEVER converge on a best path see ietf draft on IDR route
oscillation). Not to mention the various malformed AS-Path bugs which
have shown up over the years. I took a vendor class once where they made
us do a lab where we had to run BGP w/o an IGP, in a later revision of
the class they removed that lab because they decided it was too much of
a nightmare even for a lab environment.