employment legalities

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Tue Sep 3 05:03:37 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002 dalph at hush.com wrote:

> As long as we are discussing legalities, can anyone help me out with an
> employment-related question?  My company is Canadian and I wish to hire
> a young American citizen.  Our rapid growth has left me holding a
> network of five routers, which is a bit rough to manage.  I'd like to
> employ the brilliant Nick Catalano but am concerned about child labor
> laws.  Suggestions?

I wouldn't worry about it really: the "pizazz" of having a 14 year old
running your network will offset any possible losses you might incur
by having to live without his services till he finishes his homework.

> -Dalph

HTH -

J.A. Terranson

> P.S. - What recourse against him would I have if he is unable to work
> because he gets grounded from the computer?

As he is a minor, you probably don't have any recourse against *him*,
but you can always sue his mother!