Provider feedback Aleron=BAD!

Tech Team1 TechTeam1 at icss.com
Thu Oct 31 22:10:01 UTC 2002

David,

We had a circuit through AGIS, who was bought by Telia, who was then bought by Aleron.

Their billing practices were utterly terrible.  Several months after Aleron aquired the network they informed us that we would now be billed an additional $250/month per /24 that we had with them!

Since we had about 16 /24s (well utilized) this was going to effectively multiply our monthly bill by several hundred percent!  When I called to clarify (ie. "You're telling me that we must pay almost $1 per month per IP address?!") they basically said "yup, take it or leave it."

We left it.. They're still chasing us for the money that we supposedly owe them. The renumbering was hell, but we switched to UUnet.  Slightly more expensive, but good service and no crazy extortion attempts!

		--Dan