ATM service classes

Dan Lockwood dlockwood at shastalink.k12.ca.us
Wed Oct 30 01:41:29 UTC 2002

I'm in a knock down drag-out with my RBOC about some ATM DS3s and an
OC3.  Proceeding on the advice of a Cisco engineer I requested that the
circuits be provisioned with UBR+.  After the Bell failed to have the
circuits provisioned correctly, they installed UBR, and discovering that
they could not support UBR+ I have requested that the circuits be
reprovisioned with VBR-NRT.  These circuits are primarily used for non
time sensitive data, but may be used for VOIP in the future.  What
suggestions does the group have regarding selecting ATM service classes
with the Bell and Cisco IOS/hardware.

As always, the expertise of the group is unsurpassed and GREATLY
appreciated.

Dan Lockwood
Microsoft Certified Professional
CompTIA Network+ Certified