ICANN Targets DDoS Attacks

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Tue Oct 29 01:07:44 UTC 2002

My comment from September 11, 1996 (that's not a typo)

http://www.cctec.com/maillists/nanog/historical/9609/msg00302.html

But what's interesting is Paul Vixie is speaking about a very
narrow requirement, but when it gets translated into government
regulation talk, its very different than where we started.

 "Meanwhile, U.S. government security officials are discussing the
 possibility of creating new regulations that would require federal
 agencies to buy Internet service only from ISPs that have DDoS protection
 on their networks, according to people familiar with the situation. Such
 a decision could place economic pressure on the other ISPs to follow suit,
 thereby improving Internet security."