WP: Attack On Internet Called Largest Ever

Joe Patterson jpatterson at asgardgroup.com
Wed Oct 23 14:51:14 UTC 2002

One thing I'm curious about (mostly because I think it's a neat idea, and
was wondering if anyone else thought so too)..

would it cause problems, and more importantly would it solve potential
problems, to put some/most/all of the root servers (and maybe gtld-servers
too) into an AS112-like config?  It would seem to me like that would give
the benefits of being able to spread the load around without making the list
of root servers any larger, would make any kind of ddos on the root servers
just that much more difficult to do, and might just increase
speed/performance (for those 8 times a week when you actually use them)

Is it a problem that's even worth looking at?  Is it a solution that's worse
(for some reason I haven't noticed yet) than the problem?

Thoughts?

-Joe Patterson