WP: Attack On Internet Called Largest Ever

Jeff S Wheeler jsw at five-elements.com
Wed Oct 23 00:35:06 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 19:41, Paul Vixie wrote:

> > (Okay Paul - here's your chance to rant about how badly they misquoted
> > you! <Grin>)
>
> I think it's clear that editors were involved.
> --
> Paul Vixie

I did notice that Paul was quoted as stating essentially that F was not
impacted.  From my own experience and numerous folks who monitor DNS
performance this seems true.  However, I did notice that several of the
servers which are operated by VeriSign were not responding to at least a
large, 50% or greater, fraction of test queries.  Even so, VeriSign was
good enough to chime in that their root servers were unaffected.

Did I mis-perceive this, or is it another bold-faced lie from VeriSign?

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at five-elements.com>