Sprint VS. Qwest

Niclas Comstedt nco at comstedt.net
Fri Oct 18 22:58:32 UTC 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Leo Bicknell wrote:

> At the end of the day, no provider is even 50% of the internet (my
> assertion), which means more of your bits will leave your providers
> network then will stay on it.

I would agree with that "no provider is 50% of the internet" if you by
that mean no provider has 50% of all internet traffic. I do however think
it's possible that in some provider networks, 50% (or close to it anyway)
of the traffic coming into the network from customers, exit on a customer
port. This of course doesn't necessarily mean that 50% of the traffic sent
to your customer comes from other customers (that I find very unlikely).

/nco