sprint passes uu?

chuck goolsbee chucklist at forest.net
Wed Oct 16 18:31:23 UTC 2002

>transit prices have been in free fall, and worldcom has not been following
>them downward.  however, after the cleansing ritual of chapter 11, i think
>they will be in a fine position to reset their per-megabit charges in ways
>that make them a compelling transit provider.  their network's been great.
>--
>Paul Vixie

Yes, the network is, and always has been great. (well, except for
that one little blip a couple of weeks ago...) In our seven year
relationship we were always impressed with the the NOC staff and
support group at UUnet.

However auditing their invoices was always an exercise in
frustration. Circuits that were long-ago cancelled re-appearing time
and time again, blatant overcharges, completely incomprehensible
account number changes. I used to think it was incompetence or
confusion caused by growth and acquisitions (having some personal
experience with the latter.) I guess it has been recently revealed as
felonious behavior. I'd be a fool to go down that path again.

I'm sorry to say but, I'll be officiating ice hockey games in hell
before doing business with UUnet again.

--

Chuck Goolsbee                          V.P. Technical Operations
digital.forest                      Phone: +1-877-720-0483, x2001
Bothell, WA 98011                            email: cg at forest.net