spam, what to do:)

John M. Brown john at chagresventures.com
Wed Oct 9 06:33:48 UTC 2002

Id post this to a different list..  NANOG has hashed spam to death
and its really no longer the place to post about it.

That aside....

I'd set a policy and put it in your AUP, there is some legal
exposure for not doing that.

I'd also enforce your AUP equally each time, and you may wish
to put a "SPAM Termination Fee" as a liquidated damages statement.
Make it large enough to deter, and worth wild going after them if
they abuse or damage your network addresses...

precious little IP life forms....  to the tune of Data singing..

john