NMS/ OSS commercial software ?

m.rapoport at completel.fr m.rapoport at completel.fr
Tue Oct 8 17:34:32 UTC 2002

Hello,

I am working for a service provider based in Europe that sells
Internet access, Hosting services,Metro Ethernet Transport
 and IPSEC VPN (based on a mix of Cisco, Riverstone, and Nortel).

For the NMS, we are currently using HP OV
and  public domain tools (MRTG, Netsaint, and some others).
We are considering to deploy several commercial OSS
 applications to improve the service provided to the customers
(performance stats, Extranet SLA reports, percentile usage
 based billing, ...) and the tools available to our NOC

Beside opensource ( that a significant part of you
 are using, I assume) , I was wondering which
commercial applications are used & favored.

I have heard about Infovista, Concord, Proviso(Quallaby)
for Performance & SLA Reports, and Netcool(Micromuse)
 for Event & Alarm Correlation.
(provisioning tools and mediation tools are not in the scope
 of our study currently)

I found very few information in the nanog archive regarding
 these products, what is your experience?

I would be glad also if some of you have comments  regarding the
usefulness of CiscoWorks for operating a Cisco IP Backbone
 (for Cisco network management tools, please send in private,
as specific vendor's subjects are  off-topic on this list).

Best Regards,